Air conditioners have gradually becoming a common apparatus to be associated with our daily life. We use air conditioners in our offices, homes, restaurants, clubs, movie theatres and almost everywhere else. The usage has skyrocketed in the past decade and the air conditioner producing companies are profiting from that heavily. But with the increased use of air conditioners, one question has been haunting us pretty badly: is air conditioning good for your health? This question has now become a rage and people want to know about it in every detail. Here, in this article, we have discussed what bad effects air conditioners may have on our health and how could we get over it.
Problems caused by air conditioners:
Air conditioners are known to cause some common health problems. The problems frequently occur if we stay exposed to air conditioners for a long time. The most common of these problems are:
1. Most of the times, the ambience and the air conditioners have a great difference in temperatures. If you need to get out and in of that air conditioned room frequently, then it is quite obvious that the change in temperature may make you feel sick. The symptoms are nausea and vomiting, etc.
2. Air conditioners make the room dehumidified. This will affect your skin and general health. As a result, you may face dry skin problems. Your lips will get drier and they might even crack if you tend to work longer hours in air conditioning rooms.
3. If you are prone to fall ill due to cold, then air conditioners may just prove to be a bad choice for your health. Prolonged exposure to the air conditioners will affect your health and cause more problems regarding cold.
4. Too much exposure to the air conditioners will make your body inadaptable to any heat. You will not tolerate any power cut and you may even face problems travelling to various countries with an elevated temperature.
5. If you have breathing problems, then too, air conditioners will cause you problems. Doctors say that air conditioners can cause serious problems to people with asthma and breathing conditions.
6. Air conditioners will make you lazy and will make you prone to sleep. It has been seen that people tend to take a rest or even sleep when they don’t have particular engagements to their work and have to sit in the air conditioning room for long.
7. Air conditioners also cause headaches and fatigue. If you have a tendency to get headaches, then you might not want to sit in the air conditioners for longer hours.
How to avoid these problems:
Avoiding these problems caused by air conditioners is not that difficult. Just make sure that you don’t sit in the air conditioning room for longer hours. Take some breaks and get out of the room, preferably to an open terrace or balcony. This will give you a pleasant change from the enclosed air conditioned situations and will also help you in avoiding the problems caused by air conditioners.